Those wishing to obtain a Master of Science or PhD degree must carry out research and publish the results in a thesis. The student will need to identify a faculty member who will serve as major professor and supervise the student’s research program. There must be funding available to support the research program, as is the case with any other graduate student pursuing a MS or PhD degree. The research program must be arranged on a case by case basis, and must be approved by students’ graduate committee. If your research site is far from campus, we may need to arrange for a local researcher or faculty member to help with on-site support to your research. A Master of Agriculture degree does not require a thesis, but requires additional courses.